Monday, July 28, 2008

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo



Hello. My name is Jared, and I'm an italian food whore.

I love italian food, and could probably live on it day in and day out (if there wasn't mexican or chinese food around).


This weekend, I decided I wanted some chicken fettuccine with peas...one of my favorites. I stole this recipe from another food blog, but made some slight modifications to the original - I Have to Cook Anyway, so thanks for the recipe!

I didn't roast the garlic, and I also didn't use the mustard powder since it's optional, and I don't have any. I also used the milk and cream, since I have a ton of cream left over from the salty caramels.

My favorite pasta to use is the Barilla Fettuccine - they make the best pastas in my opinion. I also like to use peas, and according to my friends, that's really weird, because I should be using broccoli (eww), but I really like the sweet flavor of fresh peas, so I'll stick with my (superior) recipe.



Ingredients:

1 bulb of Roasted Garlic
2 cups milk (or 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/2 cup cream)
1/3 of an 8oz pkg of cream cheese

3 tablespoons butter (optional)

1/2 to 3/4 cups grated parmesan

Salt and pepper to taste

1/2 teaspoon dried mustard powder (optional)

1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (you decide how thick you want it)

1 lb chicken - cubed
Garlic Sea Salt - to taste

Preparation

Cube the chicken into small pieces. Heat a pan on high with a little EVOO and then add the chicken. Cook until it's nice and done. I like mine seared until it's golden.

In a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups milk and butter together, stirring frequently until smooth and heated through. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, dry mustard, and reserved 1/2 cup milk. Stir slowly into the sauce and heat until thickened. Remove from heat. Mash as much roasted garlic as you want and stir it into the sauce. Stir in the parmesan and the chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Cook the pasta according to the directions, and then add the pasta to the sauce and stir.


I also have a little helper who whines and begs for food, and of course, I always give in.




No comments: